Apartment Maintenance Tips
- Wipe the doors with a dry cloth daily to keep them clean.
- Lubricate the hinges once in 15 days for smooth closing of doors.
- Use the door stopper when the door is open to avoid banging.
- The frames and shutters are subject to expansion and contraction during the monsoons.
- Please take the assistance of a carpenter to fix the doors properly.
- Max hinges are fixed in the windows to allow operation at various levels of opening.
- The hinges need to be lubricated every 15 days for smooth closing.
- Use light coloured fabrics for curtains to ensure better lighting.
- Wipe the grills and glass with a wet cloth daily to keep it clean
- Gaps in windows can be fixed with sealant.
- In case of breakage of glass in windows, take the assistance of an experienced carpenter to fix the same.
- Replace hinges whenever it’s out of order to avoid banging.
- Daily sweeping and mopping with soap water ensure clean flooring.
- Skirting should also be cleaned with soap water.
- Avoid acid wash often as it might take away the shine.
- Cement pasting in between the tiles can be redone if eroded.
- Do not drag objects on the floor to avoid scratching.
- Ensure caution while carrying heavy articles to avoid breakage of tiles.
- Though single tiles can be replaced, there could be a colour variation.
- Please clean spilling on the floor immediately to ensure the safety of the inmates.
- Please ensure that bathrooms are maintained dry for the safety of elders & children.
- Ensure the tiles are cleaned with soap water to keep them dry.
- Avoid regular acid wash as it might erode the cement pasting in between the tiles.
- Clean the CP fittings with soap water to retain the shine.
- Avoid usage of acid for cleaning the bathrooms to protect the shine of CP fittings.
- Ensure that the closets and wash basins are kept clean for hygienic reasons.
- Any branded toilet cleaner can be used to clean closets & wash basins.
- Periodic cleaning of the tap openings ensures a free flow of water from taps/health Faucets /shower rose.
- Ensure the grating is fixed to avoid blockages in pipelines.
- Do not flush plastic disposables (personal hygiene items) in closets to avoid unnecessary blocks.
- Do not operate electrical points with wet hands.
- Fix leakages in taps & flush tanks immediately to avoid wastage of water.
- Always ensure that branded household articles are used to avoid unnecessary short circuits.
- Clean the fans and light fittings periodically for optimum efficiency and life.
- Provision of ELCB is suggested for additional care.
- Please avoid operating switches with wet hands.
- Always take the help of an experienced electrician to fix electrical issues.
- Operate electrical gadgets in the prescribed manner to avoid damages.
- Please save electricity by switching off unnecessary lights, fans, and gadgets.
- Prevent the usage of electrical gadgets by children.
- Avoid usage of heavy electrical items during thunder. (Microwave, geyser, TV, griller, Air Conditioners, Grinders etc)
- Clean the switches periodically with a wet cloth to retain elegance.
- Periodical cleaning of the woodwork ensures the durability of the interiors.
- Smooth handling of the wardrobes, drawers, cupboards, handles etc, shall ensure longer life of the same.
- Melamine finish can be dusted every day to maintain its elegance.
- The laminate finish can be dusted and wiped with a wet cloth to keep it stain free.
- Periodical lubrication of the hinges ensures smooth functioning of the cupboards.
- Replace handles & locks if broken to maintain aesthetics and smooth functioning.
- To ensure proper closing of the wardrobes, please ensure all the tower bolts in the shutters are locked properly.
- Re-painting the house once in three years will add a new look to the house.
- Use pest control measures to ensure the long durability of the woodwork.
- Overloading the wardrobes may result in an improper closing of the shutters.
General Tips for Apartment
- Maintain a first aid box at home.
- A cease-fire can come handy during an emergency.
- Keep the windows open while cooking.
- Close cylinder regulator when not in use.
- During non-occupation of the house for a long duration, ensure that the Main is switched off & all taps closed to avoid damages. Stop-cock to be kept closed during non-supply of water.
- Children should be accompanied by an adult in the balcony area for their safety. All balconies are to be closed when children are alone at home.
- Crackers are not to be used in the balconies in the interest of other occupants.
- Please do not throw garbage from apartments in the OTS area or common areas to ensure clean & harmonious living.
- Use pulley type cloth dryers to ensure aesthetics of the building.
- Save electricity and water in common areas. Prevent unnecessary wastage.
- Proper maintenance of the house shall have a direct impact on the appreciation of your asset.
- Ensure EB charges and all taxes are paid regularly before the due date.
- Documents of the house are to be kept under safe custody.
General Tips for Common Area
- Please do not allow children to operate & use the lift without adult supervision.
- Please do not allow the children to use the terrace without an adult company.
- Ensure that lift doors are kept closed all the times.
- Park car & two-wheelers in the earmarked slots to avoid inconvenience to other occupants.
- Driveways are not to be used as the parking area.
- Adult supervision essential when children use the play equipment etc.
- Ensure unnecessary entry to the STPL, transformers, motor rooms, sumps, EB main board, Genset equipment, etc.
- Please use the garbage bins to keep the common areas clean.
- Adhere to speed limits for vehicles. Speed Limits is restricted to 20 km. After entry into the complex to ensure the safety of other occupants.
- Ensure a green environment plant more trees and plants.
- Avoid usage of plastics to protect the environment.
- Do not use parking slots to store household items.
- Parking slots are to be kept clean by cleaning leakages of lubricants etc.
- Ensure all the vehicles are kept locked to avoid theft.
- Extending your co-operation in all matters of the complex ensures a happy, enjoyable, peaceful and a harmonious community living.